WordPress hosting vs. Web hosting: which one to choose in 2023
Are you having trouble understanding the difference between web hosting and WordPress hosting? Generally, WordPress-specific hosting is not required to launch a successful website with WordPress. Still, these packages often include practical elements that improve the long-term performance of your website, and WordPress hosting vs. Web hosting always sounds like a conflict!
When discussing WordPress hosting and web hosting, we found that server configuration is the main difference between WordPress hosting and normal web hosting. Usually, WordPress hosting plans provide resources that are tailored to the platform. On the other hand, for storing and making your WordPress website publicly accessible, standard web hosting is still enough.
If you want to expand your business online, you need to use web hosting in some way. The right host can improve your website's SEO, increase sales, and offer tools and packages that benefit your business. But how do WordPress hosting and web hosting differ and which is the better choice?
What is WordPress hosting?
WordPress hosting is essentially a type of web hosting specifically designed to support WordPress websites. You can get a lot of tools and services designed specifically for WordPress blogs by using a WordPress host. These can differ depending on the WordPress hosting service you choose, but often include options like one-click installation, automatic software upgrades, and a team of support staff who are WordPress experts to provide you with specialized assistance.
What is web hosting?
The practice of an individual or business buying a space online to make their website available on the internet is called web hosting, which is a much broader word. To store your website's data, a web host provides storage space on a server for this purpose. They also provide internet access to your website. This allows your website to go live and show up in search results.
There are many different types of web hosting, as well as numerous providers and features, making web hosting a fairly broad term. If you plan to create a website for your business, you will need to use some type of web hosting, as you will not be able to put the website online without a host.
WordPress hosting vs. Web hosting: what are the differences?
The main difference between web hosting and WordPress hosting is that the former refers to a specialized market for WordPress installations, while the latter refers to a much larger, all-encompassing service. Any hosting service that stores a website's data on a server to make the website live is called web hosting. A web host supports many different types of website creators, and the websites they store on one of their servers can run on hundreds of different platforms.
In contrast, WordPress hosting fills a particular gap in the web hosting market. WordPress hosting can also host multiple websites on shared servers simultaneously, but unlike web hosting, all websites on a shared server are WordPress sites. A WordPress host offers specialized solutions, resources and support that are optimized for WordPress performance and cater exclusively to WordPress installations.
Web hosting vs. WordPress hosting: advantages and disadvantages
Since web hosting and WordPress hosting are used for different purposes, their advantages and disadvantages may also vary.
Web hosting: advantages and disadvantages
- They offer a range of services at a reasonable cost.
- Your top priority is performance.
- You get a lot of free benefits, including free email addresses, one-click installation and SSL certificates.
- Provides expert support and guarantees 99.9% uptime for servers.
- Some aspects of security and protection are lacking
- If your site expands, the fee may increase.
WordPress hosting: pros and cons
- Incredible server performance and advanced functionality
- Additional security measures
- Dedicated customer service
- The best support from WordPress experts
- Environment for one-click staging Automatic backups
- Quick availability of development tools
- The cost of managed hosting can be very high.
- Storage is often a problem.
How to choose the ideal hosting solution for your business?
It can be difficult to choose from the more than 338.561 service providers available worldwide to choose the best web hosting company for your business, especially if you're still deciding between WordPress hosting and web hosting. Both options are beneficial and are offered by a variety of providers in different plans. To choose the best solution for your business, think about the important things that a business needs in a web hosting service:
- Constantly available customer service
- Assistance with domain name management
- Basic security elements
- Availability promise
- Accessibility of servers
Web hosting vs. WordPress hosting: which one to choose?
- Use WordPress to build your website? If the answer is no, WordPress hosting is not a reasonable choice.
- How much can you spend? Find a reputable hosting company that fits your budget. Much like managed hosting services are quite expensive, shared hosting is inexpensive.
- You want more security? Better security options are available with WordPress hosting for typical threats.
- If you're not a programming specialist, consider choosing a hosting company that offers automatic upgrades.
- Do you need assistance in creating a WordPress website? Get dedicated WordPress customer support from WordPress specialists.
- How many people visit your website each month? Choose a WordPress hosting company based on the traffic to your website.
You'll undoubtedly find the best hosting options for your business after answering these questions.
Web hosting vs. WordPress hosting: the verdict
All in all, if you answered positively to most of the above questions, you should go for WordPress hosting. It can save you a lot of time, which makes it a great option for beginners as well as web developers. In addition, WordPress hosting offers you an advantage over standard web hosting, although it doesn't always guarantee faster page loads. Standard web hosting, on the other hand, allows you to have more control over every part of your website, which can be a crucial element for more experienced users.
Overall, this type of hosting is cheaper, although the price difference may not be very noticeable for shared plans. Take a look at the attributes to know what you're getting, as many companies offer the same starting price for all shared hosting packages. Also note that there are several WordPress hosting packages currently available. For new and smaller websites, shared WordPress hosting is usually sufficient, but it's still a good idea to weigh your options.
In the debate between WordPress hosting and web hosting, there is no right or wrong choice. The type of hosting package you want, your spending limit and the level of support you need from your hoster in managing your website will ultimately determine which provider you select. If you are looking for a general service, web hosting may be right for you. The main differentiator between WordPress hosting and other types of hosting is the services they offer. However, a WordPress host is the ideal choice if you're looking for a customized service that's designed for WordPress performance.